A delicious, creamy cheese. Very simple to make and the variations are endless. You could easily experiment with many other ingredients such as, chopped olives, fresh herbs, chopped onion or sweet ingredients.
Original recipe makes 2 cups
3 cups plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Line a strainer with two layers of cheesecloth.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt and salt.
- Pour into the cheesecloth lined strainer.
- Place the strainer over another bowl to catch the liquid, and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days, until all of the liquid has drained off.
- Empty the drainage bowl occasionally so you can see when the cheese has stopped draining.
- Transfer cheese to a covered container, and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.